Our Admission Process
Patients can be referred to our facility by a physician, social worker, discharge planner, case manager, other allied health professional, or a family member.
Prospective patients interested in exploring our programs and services, may call our admissions office directly. We encourage anyone having elective surgery, to contact us as soon as possible after the surgery is scheduled to arrange for priority admission.
All prospective patients will be assessed to determine their appropriateness and ability to undergo a program of therapy. This ensures a smooth transition to our facility. Rehabilitation services are covered by most health maintenance organizations and insurance companies, including Medicare.
Please call us anytime if you would like more information, a specific question answered, clarification about insurance coverage, or a tour of our facility.
Helpful Hints from Inpatient Rehab
What to pack:
- Several sets of comfortable “work out” clothes such as comfortable, loose pants, sweat pants and shirts, shorts, T-shirts
- Your clothing should allow the therapist access to involved joints (e.g. knees, shoulders)
- Sweater or other warm layers
- Layered clothing will help you adjust for changes in temperature as your activity level varies
- Supportive shoes/sneakers and socks
- Shoes should accommodate for potential post-surgical swelling
- Orthotics/prosthetics currently in use
- Adaptive equipment (reacher, sock aide, etc.)
- Reading glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids and/or assisted listening devices
- Specific/preferred incontinence supplies such as Depends or pads
- Accurate home layout
What to expect:
- Individual evaluation
- Daily therapy schedule, based on your rehabilitation goals, posted in your room
- Individual and group treatment sessions designed to address your needs
- Patient education and family training
- Weekly interdisciplinary team meeting
- The team reviews your status and discharge needs
- Makes recommendations for any needed home modifications and adaptive equipment
- Coordinates support and therapeutic services for your discharge
- Home exercise program (if appropriate)